Nursing homes and assisted living centers are important parts of our society, but they can also be targets for thieves due to the residents’ age and relative infirmity. In addition to outside elements, the residents can occasionally become confused or try to “escape,” necessitating a security service that can help prevent these issues and safely escort residents back to their caregivers.
Not only does this help keep the residents and employees safe, but it also brings much-needed peace of mind to the adult children, grandchildren and other relatives who entrust their loved ones to your care.
Choosing a nursing home security service in Fort Myers, FL is easy if you know what to look for. Here’s how to determine if a security service can help you with what you need:
- Previous nursing home experience: The most important factor you have to take into consideration is whether the security team has previous nursing home or assisted living experience. Guarding elderly residents is a much different experience than guarding cars at a dealership, for example. Not only do your security guards need to be aware of and protect the vulnerable areas of the building, but they need to have the patient, kind and firm attitude that’s required for dealing with seniors coping with various challenges. Getting a security service that can safely and kindly handle these issues reflects well on your facility and puts everyone’s mind at ease.
- A reputation for great service: When you’re hiring a security service, it’s easier than ever to find out what kind of reputation they have within the community. Using online searches and review sites like Yelp and Google can help you get an idea of how well customers respond to a company. You should also ask other businesses which services they use, what they think and whether they’d recommend going with them. The more information you can gather, the better.
- Licensed and insured: If your security company isn’t licensed and insured, look elsewhere immediately—you’re just asking for legal trouble. In order to protect your residents, you have to protect your business, and part of that includes making sure all of your vendors can legally perform their duties. Knowing that they’re properly trained and insured is also key to a safe and healthy environment.
- 24/7 on-call help: Security needs aren’t a 9-to-5 job, so you’ll want a service that offers 24/7 on-call availability. Even in emergencies, police and other first responders can be spread thin, unable to arrive as fast as you need. Security services with 24/7 help can ensure that your employees and residents are as safe as possible in any circumstance.
- Locally owned: Finally, working with a locally-owned company ensures that policies and procedures are specifically tailored to your area. Owners and security guards are more familiar with the area and its specific challenges, which helps when you’re working in high-stress situations.
Do you need local nursing home security services in Fort Myers, FL? Call the team at American Pride Security Services, Inc. today.
Categorised in: Nursing Home Security
This post was written by Writer