Hopefully, you’ll never experience a robbery, but if you do, it’s essential that you know the proper steps to take afterwards so you can get on with your life. This post from your trusted security professionals will cover a few valuable safety tips in Fort Myers, FL:
- Alert the authorities: Your first step after you notice a break-in is to call 911. Even if the perpetrator is long-gone, the police will still need to file a report and get a statement from you. If we’re lucky, the police will be able to catch the thief before he strikes again.
- See what’s missing: Once the area has been cleared, you’ll need to walk around and make a record of what’s been stolen. Jewelry, cash and electronics are the typical big-ticket items thieves look for, but they could steal anything that’s valuable.
- File an insurance claim: Assuming the robber was able to get away with some valuable items, you’ll want to file a claim with your insurance company. Though they can’t replace your treasures, your insurance company can at least write you a check for the cost of the stolen goods.
- Change your locks: There’s never a better time to change your locks than after a break-in! Getting new locks on all your exterior doors helps keep your home safe and gives you peace of mind that the robber won’t be able to return quite so easily.
- Schedule a security consultation: Finally, you’ll want to call a team of security professionals and arrange a consultation. A consultation is the ultimate way to ensure your home or business is as safe as it can be going forward.
Benefits of a security consultation
Arranging a security consultation is one of our best safety tips in Fort Myers, FL. Here’s how one can help your business or home:
- Know potential weak spots: Even with security cameras and alarm systems, all areas of your building or home aren’t equally protected. A professional security consultation will identify these weak spots so we can beef up security in those areas.
- Develop a plan: Depending on the weak spots identified above, we’ll tailor a plan to suit your needs. This plan could include everything from setting up security cameras to hiring full-time guards. No two cases are exactly alike, which is why we take plenty of time to develop the best approach for you.
- Prevent future break-ins: With the right plan in place, we can prevent a break-in from ever occurring again. Consultations aren’t free, but compared to facing another break-in, the cost is well worth it.
- Ensure peace of mind: We guarantee your mind will be at ease after speaking with our professionals. Our security experts have decades of industry experience providing comprehensive consultations for homeowners and businesses.
Whether you’ve been the victim of a break-in or you just want to prevent one altogether, be sure to give our team at American Pride Security Services, Inc. a call. In addition to providing some great safety tips in Fort Myers, FL, we’ve been providing trustworthy security services for over three decades—we look forward to assisting you soon!
Categorised in: Security Guard Services
This post was written by Writer