Five Reasons to Choose Professional Security Guard Services in Fort Myers, FL for a Retail EstablishmentJune 1, 2017 10:30 pm Leave your thoughts
As a brick and mortar retail business, you likely have a security system and cameras in place to protect your inventory. However, the alarm you set at the end of every workday and having visible cameras are not the only preventative measures you can take against would-be robbers. This is where hiring a security guard for your business could be of big help. Unfortunately, some business owners see security guards as an unnecessary expense. However, depending on what type of industry you are in and the area where your store is located, they may actually be more than worth it.
Are you still not sure if a security guard is right for you? Here are five reasons to consider investing in professional security guard services in Fort Myers, FL for your retail establishment:
- Crime deterrent: While placing security cameras and alarm placards in plain sight might make a person reconsider committing a crime, having a security guard patrolling the property may just scare them away for good. This is because a good security guard has the training to detect suspicious activity and is able to prevent criminal acts before they happen. Even better, the combination of business security cameras and visible security guards is an extremely effective crime deterrent.
- Stop robberies and crimes: Many reputable security guard services in Fort Myers, FL train their personnel in weapons use and oftentimes hand-to-hand combat. Thanks to this kind of training, a security guard could potentially stop a robbery or another type of crime in progress. Due to safety or liability, a client or the security company may forbid the security guard from confronting a criminal. In this case, they understand they are to contact the proper authorities immediately and take safe, appropriate measures to stop the situation from escalating.
- Versatility: Most professional security guards are trained to provide additional services, instead of merely being present at your business. Depending on the agreement a client has with the security service company, your security guard could take on other duties, including monitoring the security cameras, standing guard in restricted areas, providing extra backup to drivers during product deliveries and protecting the property after hours.
- Help with customer service: Did you know that hiring a security guard can improve your retail business’ customer service? Your customers will look at your security guard as a trusted individual, so they may ask for guidance around your store or to be walked through a dark parking lot.
- Peace of mind: When security guards are around, you are bound to feel safer. Business owners and employees can focus on their work better knowing someone is there to protect them—especially if you sell expensive items that are appetizing to criminals. Also, your customers will get the impression that their safety is important to you. This provides peace of mind for everyone.
To learn more about what professional security guard services in Fort Myers, FL can do for your business, call the experts at American Pride Security Services. We will be happy to answer all your questions or get services started for you as soon as possible!
This post was written by Writer