Keep Your Family Safe This Summer with Advice from a Trusted Residential Security Service in Fort Myers, FLMay 24, 2017 3:51 am Leave your thoughts
With summer right around the corner, it makes sense to reevaluate your home’s security and go over important safety procedures with your family. While summer does give us beautifully warm, sunny days and cool nights, that doesn’t mean criminals are taking time off from engaging in criminal activity. In fact, the summer weather actually gives criminals more opportunities to break in and steal from residential homes. And many homeowners unknowingly make theft easier when they do things like leave windows open or doors unlocked.
We all want to have the best possible summer, free of crime and the hassle of reporting and replacing stolen items. Let’s ask an experienced residential security service in Fort Myers, FL about their top summer security tips to keep your family safe:
- Close and lock doors and windows: In many parts of the country, the summer months will bring hot days, but come nighttime, the air turns cool and comforting. You may leave windows and patio doors open at night to let in the cool breeze, but it’s all too common to forget to close and lock them up before you go to bed. The easiest way to avoid leaving your house open to criminals while you sleep is to designate a family member to check and secure all the windows and doors every night.
- Set the alarm: Much like forgetting to close and lock windows and doors, it can be easy to overlook setting your home security alarm. This is especially a problem during summer when all you want to do is get out the front door to join others for fun activities. Whether you just got home, are ready to go to bed or are leaving your house for the weekend, make it a routine to automatically set the alarm.
- Secure the garage: It’s unlikely you’ll drive through a neighborhood on a nice summer day and not see several garage doors open. The garage is where many homeowners store items like landscaping and yard tools, sports equipment and bikes. What’s more, the garage is an access point into your house. Get what you need from the garage, and then close it.
- Hire a security guard: You don’t have to live in a high-crime area to be a victim of theft. Criminals tend to target homes based on convenience, opportunity or knowing there’s something inside that they want to steal. Luckily, you can hire a professional security officer to patrol your community or private residence during the summer season or year-round. By having visible security personnel nearby, you can rest easy knowing someone is there to keep your family safe.
- Be aware of scammers: Be cautious of door-to-door salespeople during the summer months. While one person distracts you at the front door, someone else could be entering through an unlocked back door to rip you off.
From being vigilant of what goes on in your neighborhood to hiring a residential security service in Fort Myers, FL, there’s no shortage of ways to ensure your family’s safety this summer. Don’t hesitate to contact the professional team of security officers at American Pride Security Services to discuss your needs!
Categorised in: Residential Security Service
This post was written by Writer