Regardless of the type of business you run, chances are, you’ve thought about the potential security threats facing your enterprise on at least one or two occasions. For retailers, the push to maintain tight security is extremely evident. Office enterprises, however, often let security fall by the wayside.
You store sensitive data, computers and other pieces of highly expensive technology in your office building. In an era of rising economic uncertainty, there are few things more important to the success of your business than the assets you keep on hand, and the intellectual property stored on your company’s computers.
While you might think that your alarm system or the building’s built-in security network is enough to safeguard your assets, you’re not fully considering the true amount of risk that your company faces. Often, the only way to truly and adequately protect your place of business is by hiring a licensed security professional.
There are a number of reasons why you might want to consider hiring an office security service in Fort Myers, FL, including the following:
- Your building’s been burgled: If you’ve recently had your building burgled or broken into, you should absolutely contract a security officer at the earliest possible moment. Once your building’s been targeted, criminals will know that it’s an easy place to gain access to, meaning you are likely to be a repeat target.
- Rising neighborhood crime: Neighborhood crime trends are consistently shifting, and some once-safe suburban areas are becoming increasingly dangerous. If the crime in your neighborhood is on the rise, or if you suspect it might start to rise in the near future, you should consult with an office security service in Fort Myers, FL.
- Car theft and burglary is common: You and your employees shouldn’t have to worry about car burglary or theft while you’re at work. Unfortunately, many people are concerned that their cars will be stolen or broken into while they’re on the clock.
- Safety incidents are a concern: Security officers don’t only stop crimes—they also assist with other safety concerns. For instance, if an employee falls while walking down the stairs, the officer will spot them and be able to assist. This is particularly valuable if you have a lot of elderly employees or clients.
- Non-secured parking lot and building access: If the building that you lease already has security at the gate, you’ll probably be fine without hiring your own security team. If your parking lot simply opens up onto the street, however, you should seriously consider the benefits of working with a professional office security service in Fort Myers, FL.
For more than three decades, American Pride Security Services, Inc. has been a trusted provider of office security service in Fort Myers, FL. We’re proud to provide our clients with high-quality security assessments and plans. If you’re looking for new ways to keep your employees and your assets safe, reach out to one of our highly skilled security professionals. We’ll work with you to develop and implement a security plan that will optimize your building. Contact us today to learn more.
This post was written by Writer