Security guards work hard to keep all kinds of businesses and commercial sites safe. Making sure they’re doing their job properly should be a part of your job as well. Quality guards are ready and alert at all times and not, for example, falling asleep on the job. Most traditional evaluations don’t accurately measure how good construction site security is. Here are some of the ways you can figure out how well your construction site security in Bloomingdale, IL is working:
- Arrive early: Employees are much more likely to work harder and smarter when they know they’re being observed. Arrive earlier than usual once in a while to check on your construction site security guards. This will allow you to see if they’re working hard only when they know you’re around.
- Night check: Security guards are most important at night, when people aren’t usually on-site. Unfortunately, this is also the time slacking guards tend to shirk their duties. Drop in between 11 p.m. and 3 a.m. and check on your construction site security. You’ll be able to see if they’re displaying any unacceptable behavior. It also means the guards won’t know when you’ll be there and will therefore be less likely to try and goof off or get away with anything.
- Talk it out: Don’t just greet your security guard. When arriving or leaving, ask them some questions. Ask about patrols, and if anything has happened lately. This will force them to be on the ball and identify areas you’ll need to improve. Also, pepper in some small talk or questions about the guard’s life. Showing a little humanity will make them respect you more, likely improving their morale and boosting their performance.
- Check for comfort items: Sleeping on the job is one of the worst offenses a security guard can commit. Check around your construction site security for common signs of sleep. Some of the warning signs are anything that can be used as a pillow (like balled-up shirts or jackets), missed patrols at night, lights turned down and groggy or frazzled guards when you show up unannounced at night. It’s easier to find this problem if you come in early or visit during the night. A sleeping guard will probably clean up by the time you usually come in for work.
- Video is your friend: Video surveillance can not only help your construction site security in their work, it can also keep them honest. You can use surveillance equipment to check your security guard’s performance.
American Pride Security Services offers highly skilled and hard-working construction site security in Bloomingdale, IL. We’re state regulated and licensed, and we stand behind our service with a guarantee of high quality—we won’t lock you into a contract if you aren’t fully satisfied with the service we provide. Reach out to us today to learn more about our company and how we can make your construction site and your employees safer and more secure. We look forward to working with you!
Categorised in: Construction Site Security
This post was written by Writer